Monday, February 16, 2009

Yes...


I think cupcakes are adorable.

I've mentioned that I enjoy looking at books about knitting, and in my browsing I came across a blog by Betz White. She takes wool sweaters and felts, or shrinks, them to make various creative projects. My favorite project of hers is the cupcake pincushion. Emily and I went to several garage sales and thrift stores last summer in search of pretty wool sweaters to felt. It was fun, but it was hard to find the bright colors Betz White uses in her pincushions. So, I did my best.

I was reluctant to try the craft though, because the only sweater with enough ribbing was an off-white sweater, and I really didn't think there was enough fabric. Instead of just trying, I procrastinated and didn't make pincushions for Christmas presents as planned. However, I decided to give it a try for my mother-in-law's birthday, and I am so glad I did. I'll let you know if I try any of the other projects in the book Warm Fuzzies by Betz White.

No comments: