Sunday, September 20, 2009

Football food...

Now that football season is here, it's time for football food! One of the blogs I like to read, Life as Mom, is having a recipe swap involving appetizers and snacks. One of my fellow teachers shared this recipe with me, and it's been a hit. I've lightened it up, but I'll admit, it I can't say it's exactly a healthy recipe. One interesting thing I found out while shopping for ingredients is that regular bacon bits are just as "healthy" as turkey bacon bits. In fact, I think they even had less sodium than turkey bacon bits.

Party Dip
16 oz light sour cream
3 oz bacon bits
2 C shredded Cheddar cheese
1 (8 oz) 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1/2 C chopped green onions
Tortilla chips, such as Tostitos

Cream all the ingredients together. Place in a small backing dish and bake at 400 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes. Serve warm with tortilla chips.


No comments: